Oh, easy skillet bake dinners, you make my life. This quinoa enchilada skillet is particularly foolproof with its canned ingredients, easy diced veggies, and filling quinoa. Plus, it’s cheesy. As cheesy as you want it to be, oh yes.
You can add in some meat if you like, too. It would be rad with shredded chicken or pork. Or beef. Or sofritas. Whatever you want, man! Just enjoy it’s Mexican-inspired deliciousness your way. It’s hard to mess up.
Let’s see how it’s made:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 10- oz mild enchilada sauce
- 8 oz sweet corn kernals
- 8 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, cilantro, and spices. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into skillet. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubblyand browned on the edges, about 17-20 minutes.
- Garnished with avocado and tomato before serving immediately.