Are you a Buffalo hot wings fan? Buffalo sauce is one of my favorite condiments in general, but when it’s mellowed out with blue cheese dressing, it’s exactly the right amount of heat. This one pot skillet pasta dish is ridiculously easy and a crowd pleaser for almost any palate. Plus, it’s not very spicy at all, so even the spice-averse can dig in.
I actually debated even including the chicken in this Buffalo chicken pasta since it works equally as well with just the pasta and maybe a few more veggies of your choice (broccoli, maybe?), but in the end I figured the classic Buffalo chicken style was worth it. But feel free to omit it to make it vegetarian and/or add in whatever other veggie or meat ingredients you have. It’s super versatile.
Omitting the meat also makes this a seriously affordable meal. Pasta’s cheap, wing sauce is cheap, cream cheese is pretty cheap… and it makes a lot!
Honestly, though, I really just wanted to make another one pot meal. I don’t have a dishwasher so hand-washing is my lot in life. At least for right now. We’ll see what future homes present to me and my ruined paws. For now, though, one pot meals make my life.
Hey, at least I didn’t eat it right from the skillet. As far as you know, at least. Oh wait, there’s photographic proof otherwise. Thank goodness. 😉
I’ve been eyeballing some copper servingware on Etsy lately to go along with the ones shown here. I love me some copper. I know it’s trendy, but I’m totally okay with that.
Are you guys into copper and gold like I am lately?
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 1/2 cups rotini pasta (or similarly-sized pasta)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup light blue cheese dressing
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional: crumbled blue cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and Buffalo sauce. Stir to coat. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and water to skillet. Stir well, and bring to a boil. Cook for 9-11 minutes, depending on the pasta you chose, stirring often.
- Stir in frozen peas and cream cheese until cheese is melted and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Stir in blue cheese dressing and cook for another 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Garnish with additional crumbled blue cheese if desired and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!