I’ve always pronounced bruschetta as broo-shetta. Like forever. Then I watched a random episode of The Mindy Project and the male love interest pronounced it (come to find out, correctly) as brus-ketta. My whole life was a lie! Nah, but it did make me feel strange finally pronouncing it correctly. It’s like Steve Buscemi, whose name I’d also been mispronouncing all these years. Sigh. Anyway, on to this totally-worth-that-boring-story bruschetta pasta salad.
I’ve made a couple of similar salads before, too. I love me some Italian pasta salads. And any excuse to eat more tomatoes and balsamic, amirite? Here are the others so far:
So many easy, weeknight salad choices!
- 3 cups pasta (I used farfalle, like this)
- 5 tomatoes, chopped (I used medium-sized Roma)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful basil, chopped or chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil water to cook the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and mix well. Drizzle oil mixture on top of the veggies and toss well to cover.
- Let this mixture rest for about 15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Toss the tomato mixture with the cooked pasta.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste, if you prefer and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!