Slathering anything on toast is fully on-trend right now, which is a-okay by me. It’s easy, delicious, and often really easy to make vegetarian (and vegan, with avocado!). This easy ricotta breakfast toast is covered in creamy ricotta blended with lavender and almond and vanilla extract, and topped with toasted almonds and honey. Feel free to swap in whatever nuts or toppings you prefer, though. The toast is your oyster, if that makes any sense at all.
- Espresso ricotta chocolate mousse
- Pumpkin butter ricotta spread
- Veggie ricotta frittata
- Blueberry almond ricotta bake
It’s funny that a lot of blogs call this breakfast toast. It’s totally true, but I’m always tempted to eat this for pretty much any meal. It’s sweet-ish, so it feels like a dessert cheat no matter when I eat it.
You can also totally not blend the ricotta, but it does make it super creamy and easy to blend with the flavorings. Feel free to mix it all up in a bowl instead, to make it even easier.
Want a few more ways to eat stuff on toast?
Want more recipes in your life?
- 4 slices hearty bread, toasted
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sugar or sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- pinch of lavender buds (like this)
- Blend the ricotta, lavender, sweetener, and extracts in a food processor or blender until smooth. You can skip the blending part if you prefer, just mix well instead.
- Spread the ricotta onto the toast slices, drizzle with honey, and top with almonds. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!