I almost called this “Froot Loops cocktail” due to the number of fruity bits entering into this, but really, it’s all about the lemon + blueberry combo. I made this in mocktail (no alcohol) form, but add in some rum and you’ve got yourself a party. I guess I’ve just been in a Summery mood, but this fruit-filled wonder just hits the right notes.
I had some frozen blueberries on hand which are great for drinks since they serve as the ice. Even better, I also snagged some previously frozen orange juice cubes from some leftover oranges. So why not: squeezed orange juice cubes found their way into this drink, too. You can see where the fruit theme started to snowball.
- 8 parts San Pellegrino Limonata (or lemonade)
- 2 parts light coconut milk
- 1 part grenadine or Torani SF cherry syrup
- Frozen blueberries
- Optional: 2 parts rum of your choice
- Mix together all ingredients in a glass and serve cold.
- I also garnished with some fresh-squeezed orange juice frozen cubes I made from some leftover oranges. These will keep the drink cold without watering it down.
You could also easily add in some basil leaves to this mix for a seriously delicious turn.
Here’s to Summer and it’s eventual return… right?