Now that warmer weather is here in the U.S, I’m so ready for something fresh, simple, and delicious. My local farmer’s market is finally in gear with fresh produce that I was able to utilize in this spring pea and radish salad. It’s vegan, full of delicious veggies, and ready to be customized in any way you like.
One tip for the radishes: while you can totally slice these yourself, I find a mandoline slicer is pro for getting the job done quickly. I use this one from OXO. Just make sure to use the included hand guard to protect your fingers. What… I don’t have any huge scars from past slicing. It’s just a rumor. 😉
The best part of this spring pea and radish salad is that it’s absolutely your call what to include. Toss in some feta, blue cheese, pecans, cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, apple chunks, avocado slices… this salad is your oyster. Find whatever’s good at your local market and go wild.
Want more salads? Check out my full archive!
- 3-4 cups spring mix greens (spinach, kale, argula, anything you like!)
- 4-6 radishes, sliced thinly (I used this OXO mandoline slicer)
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched (or thawed frozen peas)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds (toasted or plain)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Toss lettuce with peas, radishes, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle chives and almonds on top.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve cold.
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!