These babies look potentially naughty, but trust me, they are not. Even if you ate the whole mini batch it wouldn’t be too bad. I live the low carb/low sugar lifestyle and these fit my macros perfectly in sweet little protein-packed nugget goodness. They taste chocolate-y, peanut butter-y, and perfectly rich and creamy dreamy. Poke ’em with pretty toothpicks and serve them at a party and nobody will know they are low calorie, low sugar, and high protein.
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate protein powder of your choice
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon PB2
- 1 tablespoon water (+ 1 more if it’s too thick)
- Liquid stevia to taste, if needed
- Mix together the protein powder, almond flour, coconut oil, and PB2 in a small bowl. Add in the tablespoon of water, only adding more if necessary. The batter will be very thick. Once mixed, split into six parts and roll each into small balls.
- Feel free to roll in anything you like such as more PB2, cocoa powder, sprinkles, or chopped nuts. I used cocoa powder and PB2.
- Refrigerate after the rolling for about an hour and enjoy!
Macros for each truffle:
63 calories | 4g fat | 5g protein | 1.8g carbs