This little diddy hits that savory-meets-sweet combination perfectly while not going too wild with richness. It’s creamy, gooey, cheesy, and a great vehicle for all things crunchy. I wanted something in which to dip my fave dried veggie chips and this blue cheese and fig blend hits.the.spot.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s a one bowl dish! Mix up the ingredients in a little casserole dish (I love mini dishes!), toss into the oven, and then dip into it straight from the dish with a pita or chip… or your finger.
The macros aren’t too shabby either, especially for a dish filled with cheeeeeese.
Warm blue cheese and fig dip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light swiss (or 1 ounce light cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fig butter (or 1/4 cup dried figs)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, saving a sprinkle of blue cheese for topping later.
- Bake the mixture for 15-18 minutes, or until warmed through and bubbling. Serve immediately with crackers, warm pitas, or in this case, dried veggie chips!
- Feel free to garnish with a few pecans, walnuts, or seeds for texture.
This recipe is copyrighted to Bijoux & Bits
Macros for two ounces:
73 calories | 3g fat | 5.4g protein | 4.7g sugar | 5.4g carbs