Oh, easy skillet bake dinners, you make my life. This quinoa enchilada skillet is particularly foolproof with its canned ingredients, easy diced veggies, and filling quinoa. Plus, it’s cheesy. As cheesy as you want it to be, oh yes.
This is one of those dishes that’s awesome for Meatless Mondays, if you’re into that kind of thing, since it’s lacto-ovo vegetarian. Omit the cheese and it’s vegan.
You can add in some meat if you like, too. It would be rad with shredded chicken or pork. Or beef. Or sofritas. Whatever you want, man! Just enjoy it’s Mexican-inspired deliciousness your way. It’s hard to mess up.
Let’s see how it’s made:
Quinoa enchilada skillet
- 1 cup quinoa
- 10- oz mild enchilada sauce
- 8 oz sweet corn kernals
- 8 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, cilantro, and spices. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into skillet. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubblyand browned on the edges, about 17-20 minutes.
- Garnished with avocado and tomato before serving immediately.
This recipe is copyrighted to Bijoux & Bits
Oh my this will be my dinner tonight! You’re amazing! I’ll post a pic on IG & tag you
Awesome!! I can’t wait to see it! 🙂
Looks so yummy, I just made some quinoa today. I will have to use my leftover quinoa for this recipe!
I love re-using quinoa. So versatile! 🙂