Benefits of these Halloween-y pretzel-y chocolate bites: EASY, fast, totally kid-friendly, uses up leftover candy, perfect to make ahead and bring to a Halloween party, infinitely adaptable to other occasions and holidays.
I didn’t initially think this would become a post since I figured these were self-explanatory, but you know what, they’re kind of not. I didn’t know how long it takes for Hershey’s Kisses to melt in an oven, so other people might not, either. Thus, we got ourselves a recipe. Yippie ki-yay.
I made a ton of these for a Halloween party and they only took maybe 20 minutes total. Then you chill them in the fridge for a bit which adds a teeny amount of time. Otherwise it’s SO easy.
Feel free to swap out the candy corn for red and green M&Ms and you’ve got yourself a holiday treat instead. And frankly, the M&Ms are a little easier to place and make look pretty anyway, so you could swap it for Halloween, too. Go nuts, kids.
- 1 package candy corn (or candy of your choice, most anything small works!)
- 1 bag square pretzels (lattice-shaped)
- 1 package candy chocolate Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place square pretzels on baking sheet.
- Unwrap chocolate kisses and place one in the center of each pretzel.
- Place in oven for 1 to 2 minutes, until kisses are shiny and slightly melty.
- Place one candy corn in the center of each pretzel and lightly press down, only if needed. They may just sink in depending on how melt the kisses are.*
- Chill in refrigerator until set.