A couple of days ago, we noshed on some pumpkin banana bread which was paired with this mildly spiced and creamy ricotta spread. It’s lightly sweetened but not too sweet that it overpowers the bread’s taste.
Plus, it capitalizes on the creamy richness that is ricotta cheese. Want more ricotta recipes? Head here!
Fall mornings need this bread + spread combo.
I served it with some extra pumpkin butter (which you can totally make from scratch, if you prefer), and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I get my pumpkin butter from Trader Joe’s, but it’s available almost anywhere this time of year. Also, has anyone seen this delicious monstrosity yet? Pumpkin pie spice cookie butter. I know, right? They are out of control and I love it.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so easy. Shortcut city, people.
- 1 cup part skim (or whole) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter (pre-made or homemade)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Mix ricotta and pumpkin butter in a medium-sized bowl until combined.
- Add spices and sugar substitute and mix until well combined.
- Serve chilled or warm with your choice of bread, pastry, or on anything you like!