Are you ready for some
football strawberries?! It’s almost Super Bowl time, and no matter who you’re rooting for, these chocolate-covered strawberry footballs are already winners. There’s nothing like combining party food with schmancy food.
My favorite part of strawberries is stumbling on the weirdly-shaped ones. This one looks like a big bear paw to me. Sadly it was sacrificed to the mouth gods before it could become a chocolate-covered strawberry football. You’re just not football shape material, big guy.
These chocolate-covered strawberry footballs take almost no time at all to make and are a fun way to celebrate the big game. If I’m honest, I’m way more excited about the Super Bowl parties and food than the game itself, but hopefully that makes it more fun and delish for everyone else, right? Yeah, we’ll see. 😉
Just be sure to make these no earlier than a day or so before you serve them as strawberries tend to shrink up fast.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or brown candy melts)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (I used these)
- 10-12 large strawberries
- In a microwave safe, narrow bowl or mug, add the chocolate chips. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave, stirring until melted and shiny. Try not to overheat the chocolate.
- Wash and dry the strawberries and dip each into the chocolate to coat, letting the excess chocolate drizzle off.
- Set strawberries into a sheet of parchment to dry.
- In another bowl or mug, heat white chocolate in 20-second intervals until melted.
- Add the melted white chocolate to a piping bag with a #2 tip (or a zippered plastic bag with the very end of the tip cut off).
- Pipe on the football lacings as shown in the photos.
- Let cool in the refrigerator and serve within a day.
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!