I’ve always pronounced bruschetta as broo-shetta. Like forever. Then I watched a random episode of The Mindy Project and the male love interest pronounced it (come to find out, correctly) as brus-ketta. My whole life was a lie! Nah, but it did make me feel strange finally pronouncing it correctly. It’s like Steve Buscemi, whose name I’d also been mispronouncing all these years. Sigh. Anyway, on to this totally-worth-that-boring-story bruschetta pasta salad.
I’ve made a couple of similar salads before, too. I love me some Italian pasta salads. And any excuse to eat more tomatoes and balsamic, amirite? Here are the others so far:
So many easy, weeknight salad choices!
Want more recipes in your life? Sign up to receive recipes via email and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, and RSS for all of the latest updates.
- 3 cups pasta (I used farfalle, like this)
- 5 tomatoes, chopped (I used medium-sized Roma)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful basil, chopped or chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil water to cook the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and mix well. Drizzle oil mixture on top of the veggies and toss well to cover.
- Let this mixture rest for about 15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Toss the tomato mixture with the cooked pasta.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste, if you prefer and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!
Dalila G. says
This is a recipe that will tame any hunger any time of the day. I can see me eating this for lunch & dinner, maybe a late night nibble too! ☺️
I’ll have to look up your other two salads, they sound tasty.
Also, as I commented on your Oreo ice box cake, I was fresh out of Oreo’s, my friend gave me two packages of Oreo’s!! Lucky me! So we both made & enjoyed your recipe yesterday. We also shared it with our hubby’s.
Have a nice day!
You are on a roll!! This particular salad is one of my go-to’s. Definitely let me know how it works out. If you have any Oreo ice box cake left, I’m on my way! 😉
Dalila G. says
LOL!! Bring your fork! 😀
Dalila G. says
Forgot to mention that I did look up your other two recipes, they are possible recipes for me.
Hubby really happens to like beets, me, still on the fence about those guys.
Now the Mediterranean pasta salad, that one has “me” all over it!
By the way, lovin’ your wooden bowl, nice!
Have a nice evening!
Hi, Dalila! Yeah, beets taste sweet to me, but they’re definitely not for everyone. But the Med salad can b anything you want!