I love a good green smoothie recipe for smooshing a whole lot of greens into an easy-to-make package. This one takes advantage of seasonally-appropriate cherries and a little chocolate. I used frozen cherries to make the smoothie a little richer, but fresh would be rad.
You can switch up the ingredients any way you like. Omit the cinnamon, add in chia seeds, bananas, replace the almond milk with coconut water, add in some flavored syrup… whatever you’re into. Cinnamon has some awesome health benefits for a smoothie, including helping to balance out blood sugar, aiding in digestion, and anti-inflammatory properties, so I’m keeping it in!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries (I used frozen)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop low carb chocolate protein powder
- Optional: 2 pumps sugar free black cherry Torani syrup
- Blend spinach and almond milk togetheruntil smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
164 calories | 4g fat | 13.5g carbs | 9g sugar | 4.5g fiber | 16.5g protein
I intended to save half of this batch for the next morning, but it was so yummy I just downed it all in one go. No regrets!