Smoothie bowls are so trendy right now and I’m kind of really into them. They’re like smoothies, but thicker and crammed with more yummy stuff on top. Why not since it’s in a bowl and you want it to look all pretty and yummy in the morning. Or, you know, whenever you’re eating it. It will make our life easier when you make it, if you have a proper blender with the right settings, read up on Vitamix vs Ninja as reviewed by Blender Versus to get a good idea what’s out there today on the market.
I decided to whiz up some leftover carrots in my food processor with some spices for a “carrot cake”-inspired bowl and topped it with basically whatever delicious yummies I had in the pantry:
I had some pumpkin seeds, unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, sliced almonds, and some goji berries. We’re talking a lot of antioxidants and nutrients up in this bish, so I’m calling it a power bowl.
We have the powa!
This orange color is au naturel, baby. Let’s see how easy it is:
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice (I used Quest)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz light, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large carrot, shredded or finely diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Toppings of your choosing: I used sliced almonds, goji berries, unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds
- Mix together yogurt, almond milk, protein powder, carrot, and spices and blend until smooth.
- Top with any goodies you like and enjoy!