If you’re looking for a versatile coffee whipped cream frosting for icing cakes and cupcakes, using as pastry filling, using in icebox cakes, or just licking off a spoon, this is the whipped cream frosting recipe for you.
I’ve got plans for it that you’ll see later this week, but in the meantime, this is a great stand-alone frosting recipe that you can even scoop onto your coffee itself.
Bonus: I’ve got a killer trick that helps fresh whipped cream keep its shape, which works so well for this frosting recipe. You can totally skip it, but it does help keep the frosting from melting off of your cupcakes or cakes in room temperature. All you do is add in a little nonfat milk powder when you whip the cream. Super easy!
Stay tuned for the fall-themed recipe I’ll be rolling out later this week and in the meantime, make some yummy coffee whipped cream frosting…
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 3 Tbsp white sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tsp nonfat powdered milk (like Nestle)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- Mix the coffee powder with the water in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, milk powder, vanilla, and coffee mixture together in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Keep cream refrigerated until ready to spread and serve.
- Use as a frosting, a cream filling, or dollop onto your coffee!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!