Get ready for a dessert recipe that can be as easy as you want it to be. These mocha cookie brownies are decadent and great to bring to a party. There’s chocolate, espresso, and chocolate cream cookies (in this case, mocha flavored!). You don’t have to used mocha cookies, either. Feel free to sub in Oreos or any other kind of crunchy, crushable topping you prefer.
You can also totally use a brownie box mix to take these mocha cookie brownies to last-minute easy levels. But this recipe is pretty fool-proof if you just need a good homemade brownie recipe on hand. I would halve the amount of espresso powder if I was just making these for non-mocha lovers. Do you know any non-mocha lovers? Blasphemous!
What I really love is working with marshmallow creme… or is it fluff? Are they even different? I just grabbed the Jet Puffed brand and it worked great. The beauty is that after it’s spread, it settles into a super smooth layer that kind of oozes in a lovely way. Sticky, but yummy. I don’t eat a lot of sugar, so these mostly went elsewhere, but they’re definitely a treat.
Want more recipes in your life?
- 1 cup all-purpose wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme/fluff
- Oreo-style cookies (I used Trader Joe's mocha Joe-Joes), crushed
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar/sugar substitute, and espresso granules.
- Add each egg and the vanilla extract to the the butter mixture one at a time.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Once cool, scoop the marshmallow flush onto the brownies and gently spread it out to cover the top. Layer on as many crushed cookies as you like, gently pushing them down into the fluff. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!