We recently discovered this Kite Hill almond milk yogurt at Whole Foods which allows us to eat low carb yogurt parfaits! “Parfait’s may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!” Raise your hand for the Shrek reference. Either way, parfaits really ARE delicious, especially with granola. But if you’ve been following along, you’ll know that I’m living la vida low carb and grains are a no-go right now. What to do? Grain-free granola, of course!
This granola is maple cinnamon flavored and full of nuts (almonds and pistachios, though you can do any you like!). Imagine a hazelnut with some nut butter mixed in. Yum. And that’s the beauty of it: as long as you have some crunch, some flavor, and some coconut oil (or egg whites!) to bind it all together, you’re golden. Golden and toasty. And tasty. Drooool.
You can serve this maple cinnamon grain-free granola over yogurt, ice cream, or mixed into some milk, nut or otherwise. But once you taste it, you might find yourself scooping it right into your mouth. Sorry about that. I’ve done it myself. No shame.
Here’s how I’ve been storing it: in a large, sealed jar (like this one). I got mine from Ikea on the cheap. I also included a little paper towel at the bottom to absorb any moisture. You can see it in the corner of the glass in this Instagram:
Want more recipes in your life?
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked or shredded
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 4 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well. Make sure the coconut oil and maple syrup are well distributed.
- Make a single, even layer of granola on the baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to brown. Watch it carefully to prevent burning, especially around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
- Serve with nut milk as a cereal or top yogurt, ice cream, etc.!
- Store in a sealed container with a paper towel to keep it dry.
If you make this recipe, follow me on Instagram, share a photo, and tag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!