This egg roll bowl is a staple of the low carb and keto communities. It’s SO easy to make, seriously delicious, and infinitely customizable with vegetables and your choice of meats or meat alternatives. Whatever you like in your traditional egg rolls, you can include in this recipe.
They call this “crack slaw” in the recipe communities and it makes perfect sense. I ate a serving of this for lunch for about a week and never got tired of it. I used pork sausage this time around, but I’ve got my eye on shrimp next time. You can also use chicken, ground beef, tofu, tempeh, ground turkey, etc.
Whether you’re eating low carb/keto, gluten-free, paleo, Whole30 (I believe?), this egg roll bowl can be adapted for your needs. The best part? The flavors continue to meld as it sits in the refrigerator, making it even better the next day. I may have even eaten some of it cold. STILL AMAZING.
Want more recipes in your life?
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced (or 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground sausage and stir, breaking up into crumbles as it heats through. Do not drain.
- Add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring often. Add in the sesame oil and give it a final stir.
- Remove from the heat and serve with green onions.
If you make this recipe, follow me on Instagram, share a photo, and tag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!