Fair warning: this recipe is not low carb. I’m making this to share with others so we’re cheating on the low sugar/low carb dealio. It definitely is scrum-diddly-umptious, though. If you’re living low carb like I am, save this recipe for sharing at a party and unloading it from your house as soon as you can.
I was inspired by I Heart Naptime’s cookie butter popcorn recipe but wanted to give it a twist. Instead of plain popcorn, I used Skinny Pop white cheddar flavor to give it a salty base. Sweet and salty, amirite?
I then added peanuts to the mix because peanuts seriously pair well with sweet stuff, this we know.
Cookie butter is one of these phenomenons spurred on primarily by Trader Joe’s version and the many incarnations that have spawned from it. It’s magic in a jar. Beware of its addictiveness. And the addictiveness of this popcorn. It’s out of control. I had to just give it all away to unsuspecting giftees.
Here’s the super easy recipe:
- 16 cups air popped popcorn (I used white cheddar flavor)
- 1 16 oz package vanilla candy coating like Candiquik or candy melts
- 3 tablespoons cookie butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt your vanilla candy coating in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Mix the cookie butter into the melted chocolate. It should melt in easily due to the heat.
- Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn until it's evenly coated.
- Before it hardens, mix in the peanuts and sprinkles.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for a few minutes and then lightly break it apart for serving.