My mom recently gifted us some ultra fancy flavored popcorn from Hampton Popcorn that was out of this world. It was a set with flavors like peppermint white chocolate, white and dark chocolate swirl, and a crunchy cinnamon flavor. The last one was my favorite and inspired me to try a cinnamon toast popcorn that I could make at home.
I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch in general and figured the texture would totally meld with a crispy popcorn and dense white chocolate drizzle. Flavored popcorn is usually such a breeze anyway, and adding a cereal doesn’t add any complexity at all. Except for in the texture. Complex is gooooood.
Here are a couple of other popcorns I’ve made (the cookie butter one in particular is decadent!):
Oh, that white chocolate drizzle!
Want more recipes in your life?
- 8 cups fresh popped popcorn (1/3 cup popping corn)
- 1 pkg. (11 oz) candy caramels (like these!)
- 3/4 cup peanuts and/or cashews
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch-style cereal
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz white chocolate or almond bark
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or cover with parchment; set aside.
- Heat caramels, butter, and water in a large saucepan on low heat until caramels are melted, stirring often.
- Combine popcorn, nuts, and cereal in a large bowl. Add caramel mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle salt and cinnamon and toss again.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- When cooled, heat and stir white chocolate in the microwave in 10 second increments until melted. Drizzle over popcorn and let dry. Break up any large chunks before serving and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!