My favorite part of Valentine’s Day is the aesthetic: pinks and hearts and pretty colors, oh my! So this year my recipe was definitely going to have to embody some of that, just for looks. Enter strawberry pink and ice cream! I’m calling this a smoothie since it’s actually a little less sweet than a normal milkshake, but really, it’s both. Call it a strawberry passion fruit smoothie or a shake and you’ve got the gist.
Last year I went with some heart themes including this Valentine heart fruit salad. It was easy and really fun to cut out a hugh jass bunch of mini watermelon hearts. Give it a go. Right after this smoothie, of course!
Pink kitchen goodies:
Click the photos to see where to buy, or keep scrolling for the recipe…
Want more recipes in your life?
Sign up to receive recipes via email and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, and RSS for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries
- 1 passion fruit, halved and scooped for its innards
- 1 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 cup strawberry or vanilla ice cream (or light yogurt!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Blend the ice cream, milk, extracts, and passion fruit innards together in a blender (I use this one). Add in most of the strawberries and blend again (save a few for garnish).
- Top with more strawberries, chocolate pieces or shavings, whipped cream, or passion fruit drizzle. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!