If you’re unfamiliar, I like to describe ricotta bakes as cheesecake meets cobbler. They’re creamy, healthy, low carb, gluten free, and ultra easy to make. You can make them sweet or savory and they never fail to inspire some new combination of ingredients. I’ve made them before and I’ll make ’em again, but this time I’m using some sugar free strawberry topping to give this strawberry ricotta bake its Valentine’s Day theme. Oh, and the heart-shaped pan doesn’t hurt.
I have to admit, when I pulled the finished bake out of the oven, I didn’t realize how much of the RED would take over. It was almost macabre. But hey, why not make it a broken heart cake?! Perfect for Galentine’s Day or Singles Awareness Day, right?
I eat these for breakfast, dessert, or an easy, reheatable lunch. Pretty much whenever!
Want more recipes in your life?
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp sweetener of your choice (I used granulated Swerve)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sugar free strawberry topping/syrup (I used Smuckers
- Sugar free chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips (if you're using) and the strawberry topping.
- Pour the ricotta mixture into a small casserole dish and top with strawberry topping, swirling as much as you like.
- Bake about 15-25 minutes until set and the ricotta starts to turn a light golden color. The edges will likely bubble a little.
- Top with chips, and serve warm or chilled if you prefer. It's great both ways.
Half the batch without chocolate chips: 286 calories | 18.7g fat | 1.5g fiber | 1g sugar | 10g net carbs | 20g protein