For a very long time I eschewed desserts that contained mint. Until recently, after trying a mint-flavored protein bar on a whim, I had forgotten that mint + sweetness is actually awesome. Maybe I changed, maybe I loved it all along… who cares, let’s put mint in our shakes! If you’re looking for a much healthier alternative to your annual shamrock shake from McDonald’s when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around, this will be your jam. It’s minty and rich and hits all the right green notes for presentation. But instead of using food coloring, I’ve used some spinach for a natural green color and a wee bit of extra (and tasteless) nutrition.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 handful of spinach for color
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup of water, milk, or almond/coconut/soy milk
- Dollop of low fat/sugar whipped cream
- Blend together all of the ingredients in your blender, top with whipped cream, and drink up!
85 calories | 2g fat | 14g protein | 5g carbs | 2g sugar