Quiche is a frequent contender for weekly meal planning in my house. I’ve just made two in the same number of days, including this decadent brie and bacon version that would be perfect for a Memorial Day cookout. Or, you know, eaten right out of the oven! Although I usually like my quiche cold from the fridge for brekky.
Quiche is also magical in its versatility. Use it to clean out the pantry of your leftover cheese, meats, veggies, and whatever other nibbles you want to use up. This version isn’t exactly low calorie, but you can easily make it low carb by baking it sans crust.
If you do decide to use a crust, your homemade recipe will work fabulously, though I ended up using a frozen one for time reasons.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust, pre-baked as per instructions
- 4 ounces of brie cheese, rind removed and diced
- 4 ounces of swiss cheese, diced
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 whole large eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Optional: asparagus stalks for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Add the diced cheese into the pre-baked and cooled crust.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and pour on top of the cheese.
- Add in asparagus stalks 10 minutes before it's done, if you'd like.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a pick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
What are you making for any Memorial Day parties?