If you’ve been here before, you might already know my love for protein truffles (see: lemon coconut truffles and peanut butter cup truffles). But this time, I’ve stumbled on my FAVORITE truffle recipe so far. These little puppies taste just.like.cookie.dough. For real. The texture is right on, the flavor is perfect… I need to hide these or I’ll eat them all. It’s basically the solution to this problem:
Either way, be warned that these are small but addictive. Thankfully, they’re low carb, low sugar, only 73 calories, and no-bake recipe which means you can replenish your supply as often as you want. You know, like every day. What, I gave them… to friends or something. A dog ate them, maybe. Fine, it was me.
- 2 scoops low carb and low sugar vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used sugar free)
- 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- Place protein powder and almond meal in a medium-size bowl and mix.
- Add in nut butter and maple syrup and mix again. This will take a little elbow grease, but the batter texture should turn out just like cookie dough.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix again.
- Using a teaspoon or cookie scoop, scoop out a small amount of dough into your palms and roll into 18-20 balls.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate and eat chilled (my preference!)
Macros for 1 truffle (1/19th of the batch):
73 calories | 5.4g fat | 1g net carbs | 0.6g sugar | 3.6g protein