This classic salad never fails to be popular at parties. I think it’s the dressing with that classic mayo + vinegar flavor, but with a lot less calories by subbing in some Greek yogurt for half of the mayo. Plus, cheddar? Always a win. It’s a melange of chewy cheese, crunchy bacon and almonds, and a creamy base to pull all the flavors together.
It only gets better after some overnight mixing in the fridge, too. Make it the night before a party and taste it get better with age. Easy, low carb summer salads FTW. It’s almost like this broccoli casserole’s summer twin.
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/8 cup red onion, finely diced
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a bowl, combine broccoli, red onion, cheese, bacon, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar substitute, salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing with the broccoli mixture and chill for at least an hour before serving.
Are you finding good produce at your local markets for salads like these? What veggies should I be picking up?