Halloween planning is officially in full swing around these parts. Let’s pretend I haven’t been planning for months, okay?
This recipe is pretty awesome for any occasion, like birthday parties and showers, but definitely great for Halloween parties. These take less than 20 minutes from start to finish and can be fun for scissors-capable kids to handle.
Adorable little s’mores monsters!
Let’s see what it takes to make these monster s’mores:
- Parchment paper
- Flat cookies such as graham crackers
- Chocolate bars (I used sugar free Chocolite)
- Regular and mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips (I used sugar free)
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and arrange cookies/crackers with a piece of chocolate on each.
- Cut large marshmallows in half horizontally to create large eyes. Arrange the halves on top of the chocolate, sticky side down and push chocolate chips into each to create pupils.
- Cut angled pieces off the marshmallows to create teeth and press down with the sticky sides.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and watch carefully until the marshmallows turn golden. This can be as quick as 30-50 seconds.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Hat tip to original project by Jodi Levine.