Disney’s live-action remake of The Jungle Book is coming out tomorrow and I’m pretty excited for it. I feel like these Disney live-action remakes have been hit or miss, but The Jungle Book holds a special place in my heart.
I mean, Baloo is the best, right? Come on. Come oooon.
To celebrate the release this Friday, I wanted to make something a little tropical, a little jungle-inspired, and pull out some ANIMAL CRACKERS.
This one is so classic and has a ton of names, apparently: green goop, pistachio delight, green fluff, green stuff… feels like folks were getting lazy after a while with that naming. 😉
Either way, it’s a killer classic for a party with a fruit tray or cookies like these animal crackers. I tried to swap in some lower calorie ingredients to keep it lighter than it might usually be.
One tip for this pistachio pineapple salad aka Watergate salad (not sure why I feel the aka is always necessary, but I digress) is to toast the coconut that you put in. It makes it so much nuttier and adds a rad texture to the whole shebang.
Plus, it just looks good on top. Very tropical, eh? Here’s how to toast coconut in case you need a primer.
Anyone planning to see the new version of The Jungle Book? Let me know what you think if you go!
- 1 (8 oz.) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup light Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 (3 oz.) package sugar free pistachio pudding
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- ¼ c. toasted coconut, plus more to sprinkle on top (recipe here!)
- Combine cream cheese, pineapple, yogurt, and pudding mix in a mixing bowl and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Gently fold in ¼ cup toasted coconut and whipped topping.
- Optional: top with additional toasted coconut and pistachios.
- Serve with fruit or cookies for dipping.
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!