Happy almost Easter, bunny friends! This year I wanted to whip out something that felt summer-ish (it’ll be warm soon here, right?), and also something that was bright, colorful, and ended up a little gaudy. But you know who digs gaudy food? Kids. And who loves Easter the most? Kids.
Okay, so maybe no kids actually got to eat any of this Marshmallow Peeps brownie s’mores pie, but yours can!
I’ve seen a few s’mores brownie pie recipes that use a chocolate ganache filling, but I wanted a slightly less rich version and used a brownie recipe. Still pretty rich, I know. Additionally, they almost always have a marshmallow topping that requires a candy thermometer and all kinds of timing and hassle. (I know from experience!). It’s super weather-responsive, too, which can be a pain.
I’ve chosen to make my marshmallow topping with a whipped cream base that tastes like marshmallow. It’s so easy and still gives you that marshmallow look and feel. Yay for easier, amirite?
There’s that brownie layer!
And the whipped cream faux marshmallow. I mean, it’s got marshmallow creme in it, so it’s gotta be good.
I’ll admit, it’s a bit of a mashup food abomination… but it’s a tasty one. Feel free to tone down the colors and/ore remove the peeps for a more sophisticated look. I like it a little wild, myself. 😉
Want more recipes in your life?
Sign up to receive recipes via email and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, and RSS for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Shortcut: a pre-made graham cracker crust
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Shortcut: your favorite boxed brownie mix
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Pastel colored sanding sugars (like these)
- Marshmallow Peeps
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl. Press onto the bottom of ungreased 9-inch pie pan or springform pan (like this!). Bake 4-5 minutes until just lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. In another small bowl, whisk together the butter and eggs. Add the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Pour brownie mixture over the cooled crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa powder. In another small bowl, whisk together the butter and eggs. Add the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Combine whipping cream and marshmallow creme into the bowl of a stand mixer (or hand-held mixer). Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over the brownie filling.
- Sprinkle sanding sugar over the cream topping in any way you like. Decorate with Marshmallow Peeps (if you like!) and enjoy.
If you make this recipe, share a photo and hashtag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!