I wanted to keep on rocking the low carb cheesecake train, so it’s yet another dessert. But hey, can you really have too many desserts? Especially when they’re in the not-so-bad-for-you category? Plus, it’s Valentine’s Day and I wanted another heart-shaped dish to make. I was inspired by this low carb cheesecake, but I wanted to beef up the brownie layer and add a bunch of peanut buttery goodness to it. Either way, it’s amazing. I’ll definitely be translating this brownie layer into other desserts after this.
I have a serious thing for heart-shaped things. Actually, I have a thing for the Valentine’s Day aesthetic in general. So when I spied this pixelated heart cookie cutter by Rosanna Pansino on sale at Target, I snagged it. (Still available here and here.) So anticipate that something pixelated will be forthcoming. Maybe some kind anniversary-style post could use a nerdy heart? We shall see.
Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day or maybe just need some cheesecake to get you through singles awareness day? Either way, grab yourself a fork and dig into this peanut butter brownie cheesecake ASAP.
Want more recipes in your life?
Sign up to receive recipes via email and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, and RSS for all of the latest updates.
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used PB2)
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1 large egg, whisked and divided into two portions
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1 Tbsp full fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used PB2 with cocoa)
- 1-3 tsp heavy cream (mix in slowly to reach desired consistency)
- 1 tsp powdered sweetener (I used Swerve)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 4-inch mini cheesecake pan (I used this heart-shaped pan). Wrap bottom of the pan in foil to prevent leaking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cocoa powder, almond flour, powdered peanut butter, and sweetener into the melted butter until smooth.
- Add half of the whisked egg and the vanilla to the bowl and mix again.
- Spread in pan bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set around the sides. Remove and let cool.
- While the brownie layer cools, lower the oven temperature to 300F.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese with sweetener until well combined. Beat in the remaining whisked egg, the sour cream/Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are set.
- Let cool and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered peanut butter (you can use regular peanut butter, too, just adjust the amount of cream to accommodate), heavy cream, and powdered sweetener. Add in the cream slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with some shaved dark chocolate if you like!
If you make this recipe, follow me on Instagram, share a photo, and tag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!
Inspired by and adapted from All Day I Dream About Food
Matt Maldre says
OMG I am drooling on my computer.
Thanks! It was rich and yummy. I could only eat a sliver! 😉
these look delicious! what’s the carb count on them?