I was jonesing for something bread-like for breakfast. You know how it is. And apparently when you take the ingredients of quiche (cheese, eggs) and add some coconut flour and baking powder, it’s becomes breeeeead! Day made. This cheddar broccoli breakfast bread is low carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and potentially paleo-friendly if you find a cheese that works.
It’s got quiche vibes, but has a much more bread-like consistency. We all love bread (right, Oprah?)
I paired this with an over easy egg with a runny yolk that was perfect for this. You could also pan-fry it to give it a good crust, slather it in butter, or eat it straight-up. Either way, this breakfast bread WILL be getting eaten outside of breakfast hours. Maybe with bacon in sandwich form. Oooh.
I also plan to swap in some new veggies: red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus… you get the idea. And maybe drench it in hollandaise. I think I’m spending more time planning the next loaf than eating the first! Let me know if you try it.
Want more recipes in your life?
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup raw broccoli florets, chopped (or substitute veggies of your choice like spinach, asparagus, or Brussels sprouts)
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan or muffin tin and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and pour it into the greased pan.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature, optionally with an over easy egg or a melted slice of cheese. Freezes well!
If you make this recipe, follow me on Instagram, share a photo, and tag it #BIJOUXANDBITS. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!